William “Bill” Hurst, Indianapolis dangerous drug lawyer based in Indianapolis, Indiana, has represented hundreds of victims who have ingested dangerous drugs and who have defective medical devices implanted throughout the state of Indiana. Currently our office is considering lawsuits involving the following dangerous drugs and devices:
Yaz and Yasmine
Bayer, based in Leverkusen, Germany, has resolved thousands of cases alleging its Yasmin and Yaz contraceptives caused sometimes fatal clots that can lead to heart attacks and strokes. The company has paid an average of about $218,000 a case. There are also claims that the contraceptives damaged gallbladders or caused gallstones. A dangerous drug lawyer is necessary when dealing with these claims.
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)
- TRT products for men have been linked to an increased risk of death, heart attack, and stroke. Researchers found men who used testosterone therapy were 30% more likely to have a heart attack, stroke, or die after three years of use. A second study found that men had a significant increase in risk of heart attack and stroke in just the first 90 days of testosterone therapy.
- Talcum Powder and Ovarian Cancer
- AS many as 10,000 cases of ovarian cancer diagnosed each year may have been caused by rregularuse of talcum powder. Talc is a mineral made up of various elements including magnesium, silicon, and oxygen. Talk is ground to make talcum powder which is used to absorb moisture and is widely available in various products including baby powder and adult products including body and facial powder.
- An atypical antipsychotic drug used to treat schizophrenia and certain problems caused by bipolar disorder has been linked to the development of gynecolomastia in boys and young men. Gynecomastia is a condition that causes boys to grow breasts.
GranuFlo and NaturaLyte
GranuFlo and NaturaLyte are brand names of dialysates manufactured by Fresenius Medical Care – the world’s largest provider of kidney dialysis services and products – and used in thousands of dialysis centers to treat Americans with kidney disease or failure. However, after investigating the harmful effects of these products, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a Class I recall of GranuFlo and NaturaLyte on March 29, 2012, to revise prescribing instructions. According to the recall, use of these two products can lead to low blood pressure and cardiac arrhythmia. These conditions “may culminate in cardiopulmonary arrest” or other conditions, including death. Evidence surfaced that Fresenius was aware of the dangers of these drugs and did not share this information with health care providers or consumers. The growing number of people injured by these dangerous products resulted in lawsuits filed against Fresenius and DaVita Healthcare medical centers, which also use the drugs. A dangerous drug lawyer can help you recover for these injuries.
Lipitor is one of Pfizer’s cholesterol reducing medication. There has been various Lipitor lawsuits filed across the country for the various side effects caused by the drug for women. The lawsuit claims that the company had failed to warn the doctors and patients about the risks associated with using their product drug. Recent studies have been conducted that individuals who take Lipitor, a drug prescribed to treat high cholesterol, are at greater risk of developing type-2 diabetes. U. S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ordered Pfizer, Lipitor’s manufacturer, to change the label of the drug stating this risk. The most serious side effects include: difficulty in breathing, blood in the urine, urinary tract infection, inflammation of the esophagus, chest pains, soreness of muscles, Enlarged Breasts, Stiff Neck, Serious Allergic Reactions, Anemia, Gout, Giant Hives and Low Blood Sugar. If you have been injured by this drug contact an experienced dangerous drug lawyer today.
Fungal Meningitis Vaccine
Hundreds of people have been exposed to fungal meningitis related to contaminated epidural steroid injections packaged and distributed by the New England Compounding Center located in Massachusetts. The contaminated steroids were sold and used nationwide with confirmed distribution in California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Seek Help from an Experienced Indianapolis Dangerous Drug Lawyer
If you believe you have been injured as a result of a dangerous drug please contact the Indianapolis law offices of William “Bill” Hurst to speak with an Indianapolis dangerous drug lawyer. Call toll free at 1(800)636-0808 to speak with an experienced attorney. ¡Hablamos Español!