Anderson, Indiana Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injury Attorneys in Anderson Representing Injured Victims
At the Law Office of Hurst Limontes LLC, our legal team is committed to serving the needs of injured victims in Anderson, Indiana and throughout the rest of the state. We have been protecting the rights of the injured for more than three decades and know how to get our clients the compensation to which they are entitled under Indiana law.
Our attorneys understand how emotionally, mentally, and financially difficult the aftermath of a serious accident can be and are dedicated to holding negligent people and companies accountable for their actions. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients and are skilled negotiators and litigators who know how to get insurance companies to pay up.
If you have suffered injuries in an accident caused by someone else, you should speak to a lawyer as soon as you can. At the Law Office of Hurst Limontes LLC, we provide completely free initial consultations and will never collect legal fees from you unless we win your case. To schedule your free case evaluation with an attorney, call our office today.
Injury Attorneys in Anderson Qualified to Handle a Wide Variety of Personal Injury Cases
At the Law Office of Hurst Limontes LLC, we regularly work with clients who suffer injuries in a wide variety of accidents. While accidents can occur in countless ways, they all share one thing in common; when the negligence of someone else causes them, victims are typically entitled to compensation for their accident-related losses. Our Anderson personal injury attorneys routinely represent individuals with cases related to:
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Protecting Your Rights After an Injury-Causing Accident in Anderson
While the law entitles people who are injured by the negligence of others to compensation, that does not mean that such compensation occurs automatically. In practice, there are certain steps that victims have to take in order to obtain the compensation to which they are entitled. In fact, there are certain things that victims can do that can actually hurt their chances of obtaining compensation for their accident-related losses. Here are some of the things that you can do to protect your rights after you’re hurt in an injury-causing accident:
- Make notes about the way your accident occurred. Jot down notes about your accident as soon as you can. The kinds of facts you note will depend on the type of accident that injured you. For example, after a car accident, you should note the names of the drivers and their license plate numbers. If, on the other hand, you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident, you should document the hazard that caused your fall (preferably by taking pictures).
- See a physician, regardless of the severity of your injuries. It’s imperative that you undergo a thorough medical evaluation after an accident, even if you do not think that you are seriously hurt. First of all, it’s important for your health to make sure that your injuries are properly identified and treated. Secondly, it’s important to obtain documentation of the extent of severity of your injuries to establish your damages to the insurance company or a court.
- Do NOT accept a settlement offer before you have a chance to speak to an attorney. It’s vital to understand that you only have one opportunity to settle a personal injury case. Once you sign a settlement agreement, it’s nearly impossible to obtain additional compensation for your losses, so it’s imperative that any settlement you accept adequately compensates you for all of your losses. Insurance companies regularly make low initial offers in the hopes that victims will simply accept them and move on with their lives, especially when victims do not have legal counsel. For this reason, you should always talk to an attorney before accepting a settlement offer
- Be Wary of Social Media. After an accident, it’s important to be very conscious of the things that you post on your social media accounts. Any posts that the insurance company could potentially use as evidence indicating that your injuries are not as severe as you claim could hurt your case. Even something as seemingly innocent as pictures of you and your friends having dinner could be harmful, so it’s best to take it easy on social media while your case is pending.
- Call an attorney as soon as you can. It’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible after a serious, injury-causing accident. The sooner a lawyer represents you, the more likely it is that your case will be resolved as favorably as possible.
Personal Injury Accidents in Anderson
Anderson is a city of approximately 55,000 people in Madison County, Indiana. While it is only about an hour’s drive from Indianapolis, Anderson has everything it needs to be a self-contained community, including restaurants, shopping, schools, hospitals, and parks, and public transportation. For many people, Anderson is a great place to call home and everything they could ever want in a Midwestern city.
Unfortunately, these very characteristics also mean that preventable accidents injury people on a daily basis in and around Anderson, sometimes leaving victims with extremely serious injuries. Some of the more common accidents that result in injury in the community include slip and fall accidents, bicycle accidents, construction accidents, and motor vehicle crashes. In fact, Madison, the county in which Anderson sits, ranked 14th among all counties throughout the state for its number of traffic accidents in 2016 with 4,179.
Call Us Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With an Anderson Personal Injury Attorney
If you have suffered injuries in a preventable accident in the Anderson, Indiana area, you should contact the Law Office of Hurst Limontes LLC as soon as you can. Our experienced attorneys are committed to helping accident victims recover compensation, and with more than 70 years of combined experience, we have the skill and knowhow it takes to get you the compensation you deserve. We’ll never collect legal fees from you unless we win your case and will review the facts of your accident at no cost to you. To schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation with an injury lawyer in Anderson, call our office today at (317) 636-0808 or contact us online.