10 Great Toys for 2017
We’ve gone over the ways in which toys can be hazardous, what toys to look out for, and what to do if you find yourself or your child injured by a toy. In an effort not to cast a pall over the season of giving and stamp out the holiday spirit in us all, let’s take a look at some of the best toys of 2017. Before we begin, please note that this law office does not conduct independent safety testing. These toys have been sourced from reputable outlets around the Internet. However, before buying a toy for your child, it is important to do your own research. With that in mind, here is a list of toys that would be a good jumping off point for your holiday research, in no particular order.
- LEGO Duplo My First Carousel, distributed by LEGO, and retailing for $20.00, ages 18 months to 3 years. Good Housekeeping notes that this set encourages young children to start exploring the world of LEGO while still remaining safe.
- Radio Flyer 34B 10-inch Red Classic Tricycle, distributed by Radio Flyer, and retailing for $59.99, ages 2 to 4. Good Housekeeping appreciates the back step allowing for safe mounting and dismounting, along with the adjustable seat. Although this tricycle carries with it the risks of all two- and three-wheeled toys, with proper supervision this should allow for safe fun.
- Skip Hop Musical Egg Shaker Trio Rattle, distributed by Skip Hop, and retailing for $10.00, ages 3 months and up. BabyList.com notes that these shaker rattles are easy to grip by tiny hands and are free from phthalates—a group of chemicals commonly used in plastics and which may be harmful to human health.
- Plan Toys Push Along Duck, distributed by Plan Toys, Inc., and retailing for $25.00, ages 1-5. TheGlassBabyBottle.com notes that this toy is made with all-natural components—wood, soy- and water-based ink and dyes, and natural rubber. Plus, push toys are a safe alternative to pull toys that often come with dangerously long strings.
- Furreal Roarin’ Tiger, distributed by Hasbro, and retailing for $130, ages 4 and up. The winner of Good Housekeeping’s best toy of the year, the Furreal Roarin’ Tiger is an interactive and safe stuffed animal that responds to motion and verbal commands.
- Color Wonder Magic Light Brush, distributed by Crayola, and retailing for $20.00, ages 3 and up. This painting toy is designed to keep paint off of surfaces that aren’t meant to be painted, and it passed Good Housekeeping’s safety tests, to boot.
- Symphony Croc, distributed by Haba USA, and retailing for $40.00, ages 2 and up. This xylophone-drum combination passed Good Housekeeping’s safety checks. It is made of wood and metal and is BPA and phthalate free. Plus, it allows the kids to play duets.
- StarWars Droid Inventor Kit, distributed by LittleBits, and retailing for $100, ages 8 and up. This toy was also featured as one of the best of 2017 by Good Housekeeping. It allows older children to learn how to build robots in a fun and familiar way.
- Dancing Alligator, distributed by Plan Toys, LLC, and retailing for $23.99, ages 19 months and up. MightyNest.com is enamored with this toy’s safe components, including chemical-free rubber, wood, non-toxic water-based paints, and non-formaldehyde glue.
- Train My Dino, distributed by Silverlit, and retailing for $44.99, ages 5 and up. This remote-controlled dinosaur is safe enough to be named one of Good Housekeeping’s best toys of 2017—and for good reason. It has an easy-to-use remote, responds to sound and touch, and will follow your child around.
For more information, check out Good Housekeeping’s full list of top toys for 2017. If despite your best efforts, you or a loved one has been injured by a toy, you should contact an experienced accident attorney right away.
Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Johnson & Johnson—Powder Fiasco In recent years, multiple juries have found Johnson & Johnson liable for using contaminated talc in their powder products, which caused cancer in consumers. In July, a jury awarded $4.69 billion to plaintiffs. However, other juries have found tainted talc and cancer claims against Johnson & Johnson…
Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Before or after receiving visiting a hospital, do you wonder how much your treatment costs and what exactly the charges are for? In an attempt to create price transparency for patients, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized a new rule. The new rule will, among other things, require…
Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Even in the winter months, Bird and Lime scooters’ popularity continues. The scooters seem to be less of a nuisance, now that laws and citizens in Indianapolis have adapted to them. The scooters have created easy and cheap short distance transportation for users and jobs for others. However, similar to other…